March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
Colorectal cancer is also known as colon or rectal cancer.
It is the development of cancer in the colon or rectum (parts of the large intestine).
It is preventable and treatable if found early.
Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer in Nigerian men (after prostate and liver cancer) and the fourth most common cancer in Nigerian women (after breast, cervical and liver cancer).
This month, you can help reduce your risk and raise awareness for the prevention and early detection of this cancer.
REDUCING YOUR RISK OF COLORECTAL CANCER
Make healthy lifestyle choices especially in the area of diet.
1. Eat more of fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
2. Eliminate processed meat from your diet and limit consumption of red meat.
3. Don't smoke. Smoking is linked to several cancers including colorectal cancer.
4. Ensure that you get at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity every day.
5. Get screened. Eligible individuals should undergo screening.
Regular screening is one of the best ways of preventing this cancer.
Speak to your doctor about eligibility.
Colorectal cancer is preventable and treatable if detected early.
Spread the word by sharing.
You may be saving a life.
#March #ColonCancer #ColorectalCancer #Nigeria #CancerAwareNigeria #CancerAwareness #cancerprevention #Earlydetection #NonProfit #canceraware #HealthyChoices #cancerngoinnigeria #breastcancernigeria #cervicalcancernigeria #cancernigeria